I wore it for the first time since March. Yes, ladies, as a vest, with a sleek black Under Armour base layer. And sorry men, that smile is patented. It's loose fitting - like inches all around. Must have stretched in the closet. Sorry, the paparazzi weren't out on the trails tonight to snap a picture.
This picture got me thinking about this race - my first race - and my goals for Winter training. I looked into some cyclocross races, but the few I looked into were closed (I waited too long to register). Some guys at work are organizing group rides, and I may find something to sign up for or convince the family to go to Moab or something (long shot). Otherwise, my goal is next year's Barry Roubaix race.
I took the time to analyze last year's results, including my placement, and set a preliminary goal for next year.
Of course, I made a graph. It's kind of hard to see the plot text so here's a summary:
- It's a histogram - showing race Elapsed Time (E.T.) along the x-axis, an number of riders (finishing around a particular E.T.) on the y-axis.
- I finished at 1 hour, 53 minutes, and 53 seconds, (the text on the plot off to the right) about 9 minutes behind...
- average time of 12.1 mph
- ...the Median time (about 1:45)
- average time of 13.2 mph
- more people finished ahead of me than behind me
- My goal is to finish about 18 minutes ahead of last year's Median time (about 1:35)
- average time of 14.4 mph, about 20% faster than last year
- more people finish behind me, than ahead of me