My Rides

Friday, November 18, 2011

Blowout


So, remember that abscess that put me out of commission for my big race.  Well, a hernia developed in the weakened tissue left behind.  So, guess what I get for Christmas...  Yup, another week in the hospital and another month of recovery with no exertion.

I noticed this as a soft lump in my stomach at the end of September.  Since then I tried a week of rest, and that didn't help (or hurt), so I went back to training.  I was at the end of my cycling program - where I'm supposed to take a break, or switch to strength training, so I switched to strength training.

I'm following a CrossFit type program of body-weight exercises.  I've got 1/2 of the garage taken over with benches, steps, medicine balls, and a pull-up contraption thing.  I'm really enjoying it, and I'm missing the bike less than I thought I would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment